Sunday, September 14, 2008

Canning

Every year me my mom and my sisters get together and can tomatoe juice. One of my favorite things to eat is maccaroni spaghetti. Which is tomatoe juice and maccaroni noodles. So I was very excited to bottle the juice. We canned 110 cans in 4 hours. It was a lot of work and we were very exhausted by the end. To can tomatoes, one person cuts tomatoes, one person holds the drill while pushing the tomatoes down the juicer, and the other gets the bottles ready. We worked great as a team and got ten boxes of tomatoes finished in pretty good time.













Cami, Bryce, and my mom working hard













Nicole and Me juicing the tomatoes













Oh Yeah and by the way I got really brave on Friday and I cut my hair short. I cut six inches off. Every time I get my hair done my sister who is my hair dresser, is always telling me I should cut my hair short, since my hair has been the same length since like, 8th grade. Im glad I did it and like the change. Thanks Nicole for encouraging me to do it!!

13 comments:

Harward Family said...

your hair is super cute I love it!I have never seen you with short hair.

Kelly said...

CUTE HAIR!! I love it short!! Keep it!! What a fun thing to do with your fam! (Canning I mean)

Bianca said...

LOVE the haircut! you look beautiful! i'm impressed with the canning- i've never done that before. you are a modern pioneer :)

Andrea Ingersoll said...

Cute Mel! I love it....like LOVE LOVE it. Change is good. I have never canned before - I should try it.

KaSs MiLeS said...

That is some intense canning!!! i really want to can peaches, they're my very favorite fruit. I've never canned before though.
Your hair looks cute! I liked it on Saturday. I've always had short hair and its finally getting long. I want to grow it long long like Mel's, i've never done that before. Way to be brave! i love chopping my hair off, thus the reason its never been long! :0)

Brandon and Lindsay said...

I LOVE your haircut! You look adorable! I want to learn how to can!

paige and jord said...

melis- your hair is SOOO cute.. great job for being so brave and doing what the rest of us dont have guts to do :) its seriously adorable!

The Miller's said...

Hey darlin I am glad you found me!!! I am lovin your blog! By the way Kelly Bentley is one of my very best friends, small world heh!? So I loved your scrapbook pages you posted! I love scrpapbooking I do it digitaly though! You should try it I bet you would love it! Lets get together soon!

Adam & Alissa said...

Hey girl! It has been forever! I dare say it was probably last Halloween that we played last. LAME! Your hair cut is super cute. I am glad you have a blog so we can keep in touch! I am sure we will see you at the Maughan Halloween Party but it would be good to see you before that... hint hint.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I just found your blog! You are way too cute & I LOVE your hair! So we are moving TOMORROW and I am really sad! We need to still keep in touch! :)

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

Hey!! Melissa it has been too long. Your hair looks GREAT, I love it! Looks like you had fun canning with your fam. Homemade stuff is the BEST. Anyway, I'm glad you found our blog, we'll definitely keep in touch :)

The Carlsens said...

I didn't know you had a blog! Fun Fun! I love your hair. My hair was the same length until I got married and then I chopped it off too. Cute scrapbook pages too.

The Egan Family said...

LOVE IT!! Nicole is the best hair dresser ever! She did an amazing job on you!