Thursday, October 23, 2008

Backpacking

This past weekend we went backpacking with Gabe's parents. We went up to the uintas. Is was a little cold, but it was very pretty and nice to just get away. You are all probably thinking that we are mountain men seeing as our last three posts have been about hunting, fishing, and camping. Both of our families are the outdoorsie type, and so are we:) We got to the Uintas at about 9 at night and started hiking. It was pitch black and we had to use flash lights to see the trail. The hike was up hill the whole time and it was about a mile long. We made it to camp at about 10:30. This was my first backpacking experience with Gabe. Last christmas Gabe bought me a backpack, and i thought it was a waste because I didn't think I would ever use it, but i'm gald i have it now. We enjoyed spending the day with Don and Kristi and being able to relax at the lake and just enjoy life:)
Gabe and I geared up and ready to go.













Gabe setting up our tent while wearing his dads funny head lamp:)














Don and Krisit setting up their tent









































This is Cliff lake. It was very pretty. We were wearing orange because it was the deer hunt, and we didn't want to get shot.


























Don and Kristi sittin by the lake.












It looks cold, but it actually wasn't too bad:)


























Packin up to go home.


















6 comments:

The Carlsens said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! Was it really cold??

Harward Family said...

It looks like you guys had a great time! You look great with your hair done I never would of guessed you had been hiking:)

Brandon and Lindsay said...

Um...so why do you look so dang cute while you're backpacking and camping?! You're not suppose to! You make all the rest of us look bad =)

KaSs MiLeS said...

That is so awesome!! you are such a champ, there no way i'd do that, especially in the state that i'm in now. :0) Don said, "it was so cold that Melissa borrowed my jacket". :0) Those pictures are great!

Andrea Ingersoll said...

I think you guys are crazy and weird, yet so cool. Its a good thing you and Gabe both like doing that stuff cause I would crap my pants if Austin ever asked me to go backpacking in the dead cold. Maybe I would go camping and fishing and backpacking more if I looked good like you while doing it (and if I was in shape. I can't even carry my school back pack and it is a fourth of that size.)

Unknown said...

Awesome I remember when chris and I went backpacking in the fall it was freezing I think I will stick to summer camping. Looks like you guys had a blast.