We are so sad to say that we had to get rid of our little Ellie doggie. She was our little baby a was so loved. Before Jace was born she was my little buddy and kept me company when Gabe had to work late. She was a very sweet dog that had so much love to give. I know some of you are thinking that she is just a dog, but she was part of our family for two years and was like a kid to us:) We had to get rid of her because of a couple things. Between both Gabe and I working and just being gone a lot doing different activities, we felt like she was constantly in her kennel. She was out for maybe three hours a day. So we felt horrible and knew that she would be much happier with a family that could spend more time with her. Also now that we have Jace, when i come home from work all I want to do is spend time with him since I had been gone all day and a little baby requires a lot of attention between feeding changing and just wanting to be held, so she got little attention from me and I felt so bad about it. Also she never quite grasped the whole potty outside thing and would go in our house sometimes, which I was never ok with, but I am even more not ok with it now that we have a baby that will be crawling around soon in all of those doggy germs. So yeah those are the reasons we had to say good bye. A girl that I work with has a sister that wanted her. She has four kids that I know will give her plenty of love and attention. She will be missed but we know that it is for the best.





8 comments:
that picture of her and jace is so funny, they are the same size!
That's so sad! It will be better though...
wHAT?? No! So sad! Even though gabe hates that dog f'ing dog ha ha ha ha! Good memories so sad though!
Sorry about the dog! You guys look so cute in all your pictures. We miss you guys!
Randy would love to get rid of our dog too! It's so much harder to take care of them with kids. Jace is getting so big! It's crazy how fast they grow.
hey melissa! I found your blog on melanie's. thats too bad you had to give your dog away, corgan will miss her! whenever we pulled into our driveway if she was out back he'd get so excited ;) our blog is justinandashleyreeves.blogspot.com if you ever want to read ours, see you tomorrow!
That's a difficult, but mature decision to make. Taking care of a newborn is tough, so having the extra work with a dog makes it even worse. I know that must have been a sad experience but you are lucky that she's with a good home. Just snuggle your little guy a little tighter when you think about missing your dog and he'll help you feel better. :) By the way, your little guy is cute and gets cuter every day!
Oh Melis! I can't believe you are parting with baby Ellie, but baby Jace is even better.
Post a Comment