Sunday, May 29, 2011

Jace is 1!!

Jace turned 1 on May 27th . It seriously blows my mind that I have a one year old. It feels like I just had him, but on the other hand, I can't remember life with out him. We have absolutley LOVED having him in our family! He is constantly making us laugh, and we are amazed at all the things he learns in so little time! Of course we've had our fair share of rough times, but at the end of the day when i'm rocking him and he's snuggling on my shoulder, I realize how lucky we are to have him! Happy 1st birthday Jace, we LOVE you!!

Some things about Jace at 1 years old:
-He crawls all over the place and pulls him self up on to everything, but is no where near close to walking.
-Words he knows, and his versions of them, uh-oh, dog, ball, mom, dad, baloon(baoon), baba, bubble(bubo), Hi(it more sounds like eye though), outside(oweseye).
-Cutest thing ever is he puts the remote up to his ear and leans his head on his sholder like he's talking on the phone and says hi, hi, hi. It's hilarious!
-Still loves his binki and his crocheyed blanket, it's not going to be fun to ween him from these.
-He's obsessed with the stairs. We have a gate at the top, but not the bottom, so every chance he gets, he is sneaking up the stairs, and then when he gets caught, he squeels and goes up them as fast as he can. He hasn't fallen down them yet and hopefully never will.
-He loves to be tickled, like the soft kind, and when we tickle him, he says ahhhh, ahhhh, and when i'm changing his clothes he tickles him self and sayes the same thing. So cute!!
-He points to everything that he wants, which makes it kinda nice cause we don't have to try to read his mind.
-He's extremely obsessed with any type of ball and that is pretty much all he plays with all day long. The other day, I was making BLTs for dinner and he saw a whole tomatoe on the counter and he kept saying ball and pointing at it, wanting it so bad.
-He has a really good arm and chucks balls clear accross the room and loves to play catch back and fourth all day.
-Finally has two teeth, just the lower front ones.
-Prefers human food over baby food any day, and is pretty much on all normal foods except he still drinks a bottle.

We had a little family party at our club house for his b-day. We had pizza, watched a slide show video of Jaces first year, opened presents, and ate cake. His party was kinda ball themed since that is what he's into right now, it was fun!

I bought baloons for his party, and he was packing all 12 of them around every where he went before the party, it was so hilarious!

I made this B-ball cake for him to dig into, but he wanted nothing to do with it. I was kinda bugged and about shoved his face in it just so I didn't feel like it was a total waste:) He ate some the next day though!



Again he is obsessed and held on tight to the baloons while eating his pizza.

Everyone piled in to the theater room to watch the slide show video.



Opening presents. He still doesn't quite know what to do with presents, I pretty much opened them all for him:)



Our lil family


Got him all undressed planning for a messy cake demolition, but he didn't even touch it, silly boy!
My mom made this bench for him for his b-day. It's just his size and so cute!

We got him this ball pit for his b-day, and he LOVES it! We thought it would be hilarious to see him surrounded by balls. Our house is pretty much a ball pit now, but at least he's happy!




One year old!

Just a picture of the day he came home from the hospital. I seriously can't even remember him being this tiny.

Love you so so much Jacers, Happy 1st birthday!!

4 comments:

Staci said...

That's crazy that he is 1!! Too bad about the cake, but it looked great and your presents were awesome! He's such a cute little guy!

Adam and Jamie said...

What a cute little boy you have! And I love the birthday cake/cupcakes. What a fun idea!

Ben and Aimee Sims said...

I cant believe he's one!! You are such a cute mom I can't wait to see you guys again!

Familly said...

Such a fun birthday party. You did such a good job on the cake, the video, and all the decorations. Jace is so cute and I almost can't remember him that tiny.