Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Fun in the SUN!!

We've had a fun summer so far, and are happy it's finally warm. Sorry soo long:)

First off we went to the annual strawberry days rodeo a couple weeks ago with some family. It's a tradition for gabe and I to go, since this was where we had our first date, and then a year later we got engaged the night of the rodeo, so we love to go every year!


















Chris Ash, Don and Kristi at the rodeo.



















And of course we had to scarf down some strawberries and cream, don't worry we didn't eat all of these our selves:)














I also had a girls night and we played till 3 in the morning while the boys had a guys night. I love girls nights!















We went to dinner with Brandon Lindsay, Austin, and Andrea one night. We are sad though because Brandon and Lindsay had to move to Las Vegas since Linz is going to PA school. We will miss them but are glad that it is only a year and a half program, and then they will be back!
















Bran, Linz, Ang, and Aust eating yummy dessert at Wingers!















We also celebrated Gabes dad Don's 49th b-day! Here is a pic of all the boys.

















We also celebrated my 22nd B-day. I'm lucky enough to have fire works on every b-day since it falls on the 4th of July! I love it. Every year my mom makes me some sort of patriotic cake, and this year it was a berry flag cake. Cute huh! I had a great B-day and got lots of clothes, shoes, wallet, and a new CAMERA! I needed one desperately and I love it. Thanks to every one for making my B-day special.























I love Birthdays!!







We spent the holiday weekend in Idaho for a family reunion at Dawnata hot springs with my family. My mom and her two other sisters all rented these cute little cabins that we stayed in for a couple of nights. It was a lot of fun! This was us all crammed in the car on our way to Idaho.

















We rode down the river at Lava hot springs. It is a very rapidy river and was a lot of fun, except for the fact that Gabe and I flipped off the tube three different times and got pretty beat up by the rocks that were smacking us while we were trying to get back on the tube. Every one was laughing at us because we looked like such idiots trying to get back on the tube. We had fun though!




































Swimming at dawnata.


















Cami and my neice Bentley hangin out after dinner one night.
























All of us in front of the cabin we stayed in.



















I left ellie home and took her to a Doggie day care where she played with other dogs. The dogs she was next to were a Great dane, and a Mastif, both very big dogs they were in sepperate Kennels though, but apperantly she did really well and had fun. It was nice to not have to bring her, but I did miss her and she was glad to see me!

















Then on Sunday we went to Gabes parents house and had dinner and they sang happy birthday to me. All in all we're having a great summer and can't wait for more fun in the sun!















7 comments:

Harward Family said...

WOW! You have been so busy doing so many fun things! I loved looking at all of your pictures:)

KaSs MiLeS said...

so glad story made it into that final picture. :) you have been so busy! i love that picture of all the boys. i seriously can't believe there are 7 boys counting don. that seems like so many people. so glad you had a happy birthday!! 22! wahoo!

Bianca said...

meliss this is such a good summer post! looks like you're having a blast- let's get together soon!

Unknown said...

Looks like you have had a lot of fun so far and you have a month and a half to go

Andrea Ingersoll said...

Those are such fun pictures!!!!!! That was the funniest night ever at Wingers. Do you guys want to go to ICE AGE 3D this weekend? On Friday???????

PS- I totally didn't know your birthday was on the 4th of July! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! Next year I will remember, I promise. You are the best!

Familly said...

That was lots of fun. You took a good fall, but pretty gracefully.

paige and jord said...

happy birthday melis! hope it was the best!!!